Tuesday 7 August 2012

Resetting My Body-Clock

Everything went pretty much to plan yesterday.  I finished eating at 18:00.  I didn't get to sleep until about 3am, an hour later than I was hoping to because I got tied up replying to an email.  I think tonight I will have to force myself not to read my emails before bed.  I did somewhat gorge myself before 18:00 which was difficult considering that I was working and trying to snack at the same time.  It may be worth me simply eating to a normal routine and stopping that routine during the fasting period.

So I got up at 10:30 although I was awoken by the postman with parcels at 09:30.  I went back to bed for an extra half hour but woke up an hour later, whoops.  So, in theory, my morning should now be reset to 10:30 and we shall see how well that has worked over the next couple of days.  I then have a couple of rest-days followed by four early shifts which I will be looking to set my morning to about 05:30.  In reality, it is the night-shifts that I want to be most successful.  At present I sleep for about 4 hours when I get in from work and my body just wakes up so I get up and do stuff but by 15:00 I'm tired again and go back to sleep for another 4 hours.  If I can set my morning to be 8 hours after I go to sleep, it may help me to sleep through.  We will have to see. 

No comments: