Friday 10 August 2012

Half Nine and Alls Well.

I found that my body woke up about 9:20.  I had stopped eating at 18:00 yesterday so I still have 25 minutes to go before breakfast.  Today's fast starts at 13:30 which gives me just three and a half hour window to eat something nutritious.  Jo and Ellie will be off on their holiday probably about 15:15 which means I will be left to my own devices for the week which will make the fasting that much easier.

So, I'm not excessively tired and I'm not excessively hungry.  I am however thirsty so I'm going to make myself a coffee in a minute.  I watched an interesting video/presentation detailing that IF helps you differentiate between physical hunger and psychological cravings however I am finding that whilst I have a sort of back-ground hunger which is pretty much constant, I don't have an impactive "You know what, I'm feeling hungry" thought.  Likewise, although I feel "I've just woken up and am still sleepy", I don't feel "Oh Ye God's I'm tired."

It is thought that the average person carries a sleep debt of about 20 hrs, which would explain the background tiredness that I feel.  It may be that by regulating my sleeping and eating patterns, I may be able to recoup this debt.  For the next two months, I will try to be in bed at the right time, if not half hour earlier when possible.  This should help me recoup 15 hours and limit the fatigue caused by any instance where I am late off work and can't get to bed on time.

No comments: