Wednesday 15 August 2012

Back to the gym.

First time back in the gym in ages and I really struggled.  It was probably because I haven't been for so long but could be partly because of the fasting.  Normally, my fitness returns really quickly when I start to get back into the gym so it will be interesting to see how the fasting affects the return of my fitness.  I woke up naturally at 07:00.  I find it astounding that just by changing my eating pattern, I can have such a dramatic effect on my sleep and hunger and subsequently  my weight.  I'm still getting to eat pretty much what I want so I still have cookies etc. but because I'm not having a large evening meal, I'm having to find the extra 800 calories in a more convenient yet healthy source.  I'm supplementing with just multivitamins.  I can't be doing the whole creatine/amino acids BS.  I want to be slim but not skinny however I don't want to bulk either.  Fussy, aren't I?  I think the Daniel Craig/Special Forces physique is inspiring.  If I can end up looking like Daniel Craig's evil twin, I'll be happy.  We have 7 weeks until we go on holiday.  How awesome would it be to be at my ideal weight for when we go on holiday?  At 4lbs a week, I would be almost there.  However, it would be reasonable for me to expect my weight-loss to slow, the nearer I get to my goal.  I don't think I have been 175lbs since I was 18.  It has taken me 20 years to get to my current weight, is it reasonable to think that I can get back down in just a few weeks?  Probably not, but why not try?  My mother always instilled in me honesty and always trying your best.  I think it is safe to say that she made me the monster I am today with laying those foundations.  Of course, I'm hoping that if I have success with IF, it will help to inspire others to follow suit.  If I end up really fit and healthy, then great.  If I end up looking malnourished and ill, then it is no hardship for me to put weight back on (if anything, it is too easy).  Well, I've just finished my breakfast.  I really need to work out how to make the perfect omelette, because low heat with a lid on just didn't work and I'm going to have to scrub my omelette pan now:(  I always like my eggs cooked through, I don't like them snotty, yeuck!  I could just do scrambled eggs in the microwave but even then it's a B to clean the bowl afterwards.  Why are cooked eggs so sticky when cooking?  I wonder what happens when you cook eggs on baking parchment;)  I might just get some of those silicon poachers.  I need to get all my weird experimental S out of the way before Jo comes back from her holiday, there's only so much quirkiness that she can cope with.

Back on topic.  I still feel great, even better now that I've got some energy back after the gym.  It's only 09:40 and I have no pressing business.  I might be cycling into Broadstairs later.  It's folk-week which doesn't really interest me that much but I might be able to get some photography done and I get to try to be sociable which is a bit of a struggle for me.  Fasting starts at 16:00 so I need to get my calories before that which shouldn't be too difficult considering I got a load of Jaffa-cakes to chow down on.  Might struggle to get my protein up to target but we'll see.

No comments: