Sunday 12 August 2012

4lbs in 7 Days

Weighed in at 205lbs this morning.  So, in my first week of IF, I've lost 4lbs.  It appears that my body-clock can be set by diet.  I'm waking at 05:00 with only background sleepiness that soon dissipates.  I'm feeling far more awake and have much more energy than I've ever had before.  I'm achieving far more in my day than I did before IF.

Could it be purely psychological?  Yes, I suppose it could be.  Is there enough study done in IF?  No, I don't think there has.  The information that is available on the internet all points to IF being beneficial and those that have done it appear to have experienced similar effects to me.

What does the future hold?  So far, I'm very impressed with the results but I know that it has only been a week.  Can I do this as a life-style change?  I think I can.  Will it need tweaking occasionally to fit in with social events?  Sure it will.  Is rapid weight-loss bad for me?  It certainly doesn't feel like it.

IF is a simple tool that helps reduce the calories that I am consuming and appears to be useful in setting my body-clock.  If it has other benefits other than those found in not being over-weight, then great.  If I become ill, I think I will quickly notice because I generally don't get ill.  I think only time will tell.

No comments: