Tuesday 11 January 2011

I came home from work on Monday morning and it was crisp clear night and the stars were shining so I thought I would take a shot. At the start of the year, I made a sportsman's bet with Robbo to see who could lose the most weight in January. I'm sure he would not be too offended in me saying that we are both sporting a few extra pounds that we could do with out. Now, it would appear that he is on the "Go to the Gym and Eat Kentucky" diet, whereas I am just trying to eat a bit more sensibly. I don't go to the Gym during January because everyone and their dog is in there and I prefer a bit of solitude. It is a lot easier for me to cut down on what I'm eating whilst I'm working because I have always got something to do rather than eat. My problem is on my rest-days when I'm at home. Normally I pick and eat things like crisps, biscuits and chocolate. I must confess to eating some chocolates and some lemon meringue pie yesterday but I don't think I over indulged as I normally would. So, we started off at 201lbs (14st 5lbs). My ideal weight is 175lbs (12st 7lbs) which I want to achieve by the end of February. If my total weight loss is 26lbs, I want to have lost 13lbs by the end of January. Makes sense to me. Works out to be 188lbs (13st 6lbs)



There aren't many photos of me with my shirt off for obvious reasons. But I'm determined to get my flat stomach back that I had when I was 18. 19 years of comfortable living has taken it's toll. I want to have a stomach that I can show off by the end of March. I was joking with Jo at work (not wife Jo) about the screen saver on her phone which showed a male torso. I jokingly said "That'll be me at the end of March." and she said that I would have to prove it. I do think that it is achievable and I'm seeing steady progress. So hopefully, by the end of March, I'll be able to do some nice B&W photos of my own torso. We'll see.



No comments: