Wednesday 18 August 2010

Weight-loss

So, I've been trying to get to my ideal weight for a long time now. Far too long. So, I was trawling through YouTube as I do, looking for something motivational when I stumbled across a young lady who had an idea on how to change an aspect in your life. Her idea was to link all the bad things about what you want to change and link good things to the change. So let's have a go.

1. Being overweight gives me increased risk of diabetes.
2. Being overweight gives me increased risk of heart disease.
3. I really don't like having an unsightly belly.
4. I can't run as fast when I'm overweight.
5. I get out of breath too easily.
6. It's really annoying when Ellie thinks it's funny to poke my belly.
7. I don't feel confident walking in public without my top on.
8. Junk food is expensive.

Now the benefits.
1. I can stop worrying about my health.
2. I'll be faster and have better stamina.
3. I'll feel more confident with my top off.
4. I'll be able to see my abs again.
5. It'll be one less thing that people can take the piss out of.
6. I won't get out of breath so easily.
7. Chin-ups will be easier too.
8. Studies show that if you eat less, you live longer.
9. Eating less means we save money.

Well, I didn't manage to get to 10 items each, but it's a start. Now I just need to eat less. I did have 7 each when I started writing, so I may get to 10 by the time I finish. My current weight is 13 Stone 11 lbs and my ideal weight is 12 Stone 7 lbs. I suppose I have done well so far getting down from 15 Stone 8lbs to my current weight. I just need to try that bit harder. 17lbs.


Took Ellie to the park today. She wanted to go to the small park around the corner. I think she is missing her school friends. 6 weeks school holidays is way too long for children. She's been having fun but I think the bad weather makes her go a little stir crazy at times.
I have to go to work tomorrow and don't finish until the early hours of Friday morning so I may do another update then.

No comments: