Saturday 21 August 2010

Can't Sleep

My diet is going quite well. I'm feeling really good about myself and I'm not feeling as hungry as I thought I would. I'm quite tired but I was having trouble falling to sleep so I thought "While I'm awake, I may as well do a quick update." One of my bosses thought he would give me some diet advice but unfortunately he has fallen for quite a lot of the myths surrounding weight loss. The principle of weight loss is to burn more calories than you consume. People don't realise that your body does not just suddenly go into starvation mode, especially if it is already carrying a surplus of energy/fat. They don't realise that it is ok to eat after 8pm if you are in a negative energy balance or you are going to be in one. Previously, I understood the theory, I just lacked the motivation to diet and keep on a diet. However, now, I can see that my goal is achievable. I need to keep focused on my goal before I start thinking further ahead. I can't remember when I was last 12 Stone 7lbs. Probably when I was 17-18 years old. It will be such a great feeling to get down to that weight. I have my 32inch trousers ready and waiting which I can look at and give me that extra bit of motivation. I really do not want to end up with diabetes. I've joked saying that it would do me the world of good because it would force me to behave myself but there are so many people who do not behave themselves with diabetes, would I be one of them? While I'm thinking about it, lets work out what my Basal metabolic rate will be at 12 Stone 7lbs. So I would have a BMR of 1760 calories a day and this would be adjusted for light activity to 2640. So once I get to my ideal weight, I need to be consuming beween those figures to maintain my weight. I will probably try to stay at the lower end to remain a more lean body. Well, I think the sleep-aid tablets are starting to kick in so I'm off to bed again.

No comments: