Thursday 25 November 2010

Today I had a mess around with doing self portraits. They are quite tricky to do because of not being behind the camera. I have been looking at the difference between the hot-lights and strobes on Youtube. I currently use a couple of hot-lights with soft-boxes on them but I'm finding that the light that they throw out is quite limited. I think that strobes are the way forward. Our lounge is also a bit small for a photo studio. So far, I think I'm getting adequate results. I need to do more portraits and produce some leaflets/business cards so that I can get a little hobby-business going to help fund my hobby. With the digital photography, the actual running cost is quite low because digital film can be used over and over. Likewise, publishing online allows me to show off my work with very little outlay. It's just the initial investment that costs a fortune.

No comments: