Monday 22 November 2010

It's that time of year again. Ellie came home with her school photo which looked like she had been out playing beforehand. Her hair was a mess and because of the way the image was proportioned, she looked quite fat really. So I thought, I can do better than that but I need a decent backdrop. This was the main hurdle because I simply cannot justify spending £100 on a backdrop that may get used once a year and I don't know enough people with school children to make the cost back. I started looking at digital backdrops and found someone who had uploaded his to share. After a bit of tweaking, I think I've got a result that is far superior to that of the school photographer. I'm hoping that the people I do know with schoolchildren will see my results and throw some work my way. I could do with some donations so that I can invest in some studio-strobes which will allow me to get even better results but again, I can't spend out £250 on something that is just a hobby at this time without some help. So, if you know me and don't live too far away, I'd be grateful for any willing models or donations.

No comments: